CONSUMER GUIDELINES FOR FIREWORKS SAFETY
Every year, firework safety guidelines are provided to firework vendor stands throughout the state for distribution to consumers.
Safely using fireworks is a vital component of the celebration of the Fourth of July and New Year’s. TPA members print guidelines on bags or sacks, safety handouts, buttons, stickers, and posters to distribute to consumers.
Vendors are assigned responsibility to encourage consumers to follow these basic safety guidelines:
- Buy fireworks only from licensed retail outlets
- Follow directions carefully - with close adult supervision
- Never experiment with homemade or altered fireworks
- Use fireworks outdoors, in a safe area away from dry grass and buildings
- Before you enjoy fireworks, get permission from the property owner
- Keep a bucket of water, wet towels and a garden hose nearby
- Light one firework at a time - then move back quickly!
- Never shoot fireworks from metal or glass containers
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket
- Never point or throw fireworks at people or animals